Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Effective April 1, 2018
Collection of Personal Data
We collect and process Personal Data from job applicants received through employment application forms, CVs or resumes, interviews, and other documents or forms which you may provide to us throughout the application process. We may collect information from you such as, but not limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, phone/fax numbers, date of birth, education history, employment history, information related to your professional qualifications, designations and memberships and information related to your employment eligibility ("Personal Data"). You are not required to provide us with all of the Personal Data listed above, but if you do not do so, we may not be able to effectively process your employment application.
From time to time and as permitted by applicable law(s), we may collect Personal Data about you from third-party sources, such as information which is publicly available through social networking sites such as LinkedIn or references provided by your former employers.
See “Use of Information” section below for details regarding the ways that we use and process your Personal Data.
Use of Information
Your Personal Data may be used in the following ways:
- To assess and confirm your eligibility for employment opportunities
- To conduct pre-employment inquiries for the purpose of confirming the information contained in your job application
- To conduct criminal background and credit checks as allowable by applicable law (Note: you will be notified further of this process upon acceptance of an official offer)
- To communicate with you regarding your application status and future employment opportunities
- To respond to your requests and inquiries
- To comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or court order)
- To monitor and analyze recruitment statistics
We will process your Personal Data for the purposes identified above on the following bases:
- Our legitimate interests, which include processing such Personal Data for the purposes of managing our recruitment process, assessing and confirming a candidate’s suitability for employing and deciding to whom we offer a job;
- Where such processing is necessary to perform our contract with you or to take steps before entering into our contract with you; and
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our contractual agreements.
We may process special categories of data, such as information about ethnic origin, to monitor recruitment statistics. We may also collect information about whether or not applicants are disabled in order to make reasonable adjustments for candidates who have a disability. We process such information to carry out our obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
Sharing and Disclosure to Third Parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties from time to time under the following circumstances.
- You request or authorize the disclosure of your personal details to a third party.
- The information is disclosed as permitted by applicable law(s) and/or in order to comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or court order).
- The information is provided to our agents, vendors or service providers who perform functions on our behalf. See below for additional details.
- Hosting providers for the secure storage and transmission of your data
- Consumer reporting agencies for the purpose of performing background and credit checks as permitted by applicable laws
- Technology providers who assist in the development and management of our web properties
- Legal and compliance consultants, such as external counsel, external auditors, or tax consultants
- Recruiting consultants who perform recruiting activities on our behalf
Collection of Information Through Cookie Use
The following types of cookies may be used on our websites:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for our websites to work properly. They are usually only set in response to actions you take such as logging in or completing online forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of our sites will not function if these cookies are blocked.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enhance the functionality of our websites by storing your preferences (such as your preferred language or the region that you are in) and allow us to provide enhanced features on our sites such as videos. These cookies may be set by us or by third-party content that we have placed within our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some of the features on our websites may not function properly and you may not receive a personalized experience when visiting our sites.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our sites. They help us to understand which pages are visited most frequently and how visitors interact with our sites. Any information collected by performance cookies is aggregated and therefore not identifiable. If you do not allow these cookies we will not receive data related to your visits to our sites.
- Third-Party Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners, such as Google or Adobe. They may be used by these companies to enable them to build a profile of your interests and show relevant advertisements on other sites. These cookies are based on identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience a decrease in the targeted advertisements that you see online.
If you opt in to use the “Remember me” feature on our websites, we will place a persistent cookie on your hard drive and you will not be required to log in for every session. By disabling cookies on your machine or clearing your browsing history you may deactivate the persistent cookie.
All major browsers allow you to block or delete cookies from your system. To learn more about your ability to manage your preferences related to cookies, please consult the privacy features within your browser.
Further information about cookies:
We may contact you from time to time regarding other roles that may be a fit for you. Should you wish to not be contacted further by an Association recruiter, you may simply notify email@example.com. You may also opt in to automated system notifications for other roles that are posted to the Association career site and may change this selection through your account preferences at any time.
Transfer of personal data internationally
By providing us with your Personal Data, you acknowledge and agree that we may from time to time transfer any of your Personal Data to any of our offices or to the offices of any of our affiliates, agents or appointed representatives located around the world. We have implemented appropriate safeguards for transfers of personal information originating from the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries located outside of the EEA. These safeguards include implementing standard data protection clauses which have been approved by the European Commission or (in relation to transfers from the European Union to the USA) transferring Personal Data to entities who have signed up to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. Please do not submit any Personal Data to us if you do not wish for your data to be transferred internationally.
Security and Other
We use reasonable measures to strive to safeguard and secure the Personal Data we collect. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Technology, such as, but not limited to, Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secured Socket Layer (SSL), is used to enhance security and reduce risk of loss. Our security practices, processes or technology do not guarantee absolute security of your information and you should take all normal personal precautions such as, but not limited to, not sharing passwords, closing browsers, and not using public networks (e.g., internet cafes, etc.).
Parents and Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Parents have the right to terminate the registration of a child under the age of 13 by contacting us using the information listed at the bottom of this policy.
Subject Access/User Rights
As a user, you are subject to the following rights:
- The right to be informed of the use of your Personal Data
- The right to access and/or to require the correction or erasure of your Personal Data
- The right to block and/or object to the processing of your Personal Data
- The right to not be subject to any decision based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data
- In limited circumstances, you may have the right to receive Personal Data in a format which may be transmitted to another entity.
You may seek to exercise any of these rights by updating your information online (where possible) or by sending a written request to our Data Protection Officer using the contact details listed below:
Jonathan Mabe, Data Protection Officer
Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
220 Leigh Farm Rd.
Durham, North Carolina 27707
You are encouraged to report any improvements, suggestions, or any suspected breaches of privacy or security to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.